Wednesday, 7 June 2017


Okumu my son,
please give me a grandchild...
I want to carry them in my hands
before they lay me down to the sands.

Even if you'll go out of your way,
and make love to Akoya,
the mad woman who runs naked,
so be it.

Okumu my son,
please give me a grandchild...
you are no longer a boy
and your manhood is not a toy

Even if you'll go out of your way
And make love to Wanjiku
the woman who roasts maize at the main road,
so be it!

Okumu my son,
please sire for me a grandchild...
you are working and you're learned
I know not why you can't get married.

Achieng - the primary school teacher
is coming today
if you'll go out of your way and take her to the family way,
so be it.

Okumu my son,
bring me a grandchild...
look at how the compound is quiet
have you not met your soul mate?

Even if you'll go out of your way
And make love to Akello
the woman who sells charcoal next to our gate
so be it..... so be it my son

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...